18 oct 2010

Likes and Dislikes

To say we like something in Spanish, we use the verb GUSTAR.

The structure of the sentence is different than in English, it is backwards, we could translate it literally as “something is pleasant to me”. Ejemplo: Me gusta el tenis (Tenis is pleasant to me), Me gustan los gatos (Cats are pleasant to me).

For the negative sentence, just write “no” at the beginning of the sentence. Ejemplo: No me gustan las zanahorias (I don’t like carrots).

Use GUSTA when:

•the thing you like is an action: Me gusta montar a caballo (I like riding horses)
•the thing you like is singular: Me gusta mucho el café (I like coffee very much)


Use GUSTAN when:

•the thing you like is plural: Me gustan los gatos.


Likes and dislikes
View more presentations from NoeliaRG.
Gustar rags to riches
Gustar matching
Gustar indirect object pronouns
Gustar expressions

Extra Credit

Write 10 sentences to talk about your likes and dislikes. Use interesa, aburre, gusta and don´t forget articles with nouns, not with verbs!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario